- Water Refrigerated: 500 litres
- Required Water Flow Rate: 1200-3000 litres per hour
- Recommended Water Pump: Hailea HX-4500 or Hailea HX-8830
- Consumption: 375w
Water temperature is very important and by keeping it between 18-21 Celsius will ensure maximum oxygen levels, improved nutrient uptake and help keep Pythium (root rot) at bay. Rising temperatures can occur more often during the warmer months of the year or simply if your grow room is hotter than normal. Using one of these Hailea Water Chillers will ensure it remains where it needs to be at all times.
All Hailea Chillers are capable of chilling and maintaining a water temperature between 6-30 degrees Celsius. The HC-2200B model can also heat water up to a maximum of 46 degree Celsius.
To use place the required water pump in your reservoir or header tank and connect the outlet of the pump to the inlet connection on the chiller using flexible pipe. Then using another piece of flexible pipe connect a length from the outlet of the chiller and place inside your tank. Depending on what type of tank you have or system you are using it is better to have the inlet and outlet pipes in different locations for maximum effectiveness:
- In a water butt always place the pump at the bottom and have the outlet pipe at the top. This applies to IWS Flood & Drain and IWS Deep Water Culture.
- In a 'tray' style reservoir like an NFT have the inlet at one end and the outlet at the other.
- For IWS R-DWC and Rush R-DWC always chill the brain pot as the system constantly recirculates the nutrient solution around.